SaaS Solutions Consultants (Trainee)
Next Venture (NVT) is part of the pH Innovate (https://www.phinnovate.com) group which is based in Mamhilad Park, Pontypool employing over 100 staff. NVT develops and supplies an innovative insurance trading platform for insurers, brokers and price comparison sites. NVT has had significant success over the last 2 years and now has a rapidly growing customer base. As part of this growth we recruiting Solutions Consultants.
Next Venture Staff Development
Unusually for tech start ups NVT has a policy of developing its own staff and has development programs for its main functional teams Customer Success, Solutions and Engineering. This enables applicants with underlying skills but without relevant experience or qualifications to start in a trainee roles. All staff are measured on “value” created and their opportunity for progress in NVT is 100% based on this as opposed to organisational restrictions (i.e. availability of senior positions or budgets). Each staff member has regular reviews feeding back on “value” and annual salary review with the expectation that during the course of the year each staff member will receive increases related their contribution). The current NVT management team includes staff who began as trainees.
Starting salary is £22 – £27k (based on additional skills below). The role is based in our Mamhilad (Pontypool) office. This is a customer interacting role and as a result is work times are aligned to customers and shift based (8-5 or 9-6 – weekdays only).
The role involves
- Developing in depth knowledge of the insurance supply chain
- Become an export of the NVT platform functionality and configuration options
- Working with customers to understanding their requirement and map this to the NVT functionality
- Working with the development teams to manage new feature rollout (design, test and customer sign off)
- Managing customer projects and onboarding
Skills & Experience
As the position is a trainee position training on both the insurance industry and the platform will be given so the focus on the underlying skills specifically
- Good communication (written and oral). This includes ability to use desktop programs such as MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word to produce presentation and training guides
- Ability to establish relationships with customers and understand their priorities and business model
- Interest (and ability to learn) both the insurance business processes and also technical configuration of our platform.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and testing
These can be demonstrated from qualifications, work experience or side projects.
Where the applicant has any of the below experience below this will be reflected in the starting wage.
- Experience of insurance (broking, comparison sites or insurers). Other financial services is alos of interest
- Experience of customer facing software sales (preferably SaaS)
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly scaling tech start up which enables applicants to develop both a new career and also progress into a senior role in this growing profitable company